Empower Yourself by Using Holistic Nutrition to live your best life
No matter who you are or what you are experiencing with your health, you can use the powerful tool of holistic nutrition to enrich your life. Some people can actually heal or reverse their health conditions, while others can see improvements. Every person of every age will benefit from applying holistic nutrition to their diets.
Working with your food holistically does not require a special and expensive education. Here is what you need in order to be successful:
- A strong desire to live to your highest potential and to give the same opportunity to your children.
- A willingness to learn and to continue to learn new things about natural health and food.
- A willingness to make as many changes necessary to benefit yourself and your children's health.
Think of your food as your medicine (and your children's). The control you need to have over it is not always what you may prefer, but it is what is necessary.
Here is a list of some very common health conditions that directly benefit from dietary interventions:
- Diabetes (Type 2 can be reversed, while Type 1 blood glucose levels and complications can be much more tightly controlled through dietary control)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
- Heart Disease
- Autoimmune Conditions and Allergies
The toxins in our food affect all of us differently. In order to heal and to have a chance to function and live to your highest potential, you have to get the toxins out of your and your children's diets.
Where do you begin? The answers are very simple. I will be as direct as possible so that you can have the information to get started immediately.
- Eliminate chemicals from your diet. This includes all artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, and additives; pesticides, herbicides, GMOs; antibiotics and hormones in animal products.
- Eliminate sugar. This includes all white, brown, powdered, maple, raw, turbinado, cane, agave - all sugars are are harmful to the body.
- Eliminate grains. This goes beyond gluten (in wheat, rye and barley). Wheat is highly toxic for several reasons - it is dessicated with high levels of herbicides at harvest, it is hybridized to the point of being completely different from it's original form on the genetic level, and it has the ability to cross the blood/brain barrier and directly affect emotions and behaviors. Grains cause you to gain weight. They spike the blood sugar, forcing the body to make more and more insulin, while at the same time causing weight gain.
- Eliminate processed foods. You have to cook your meals. Otherwise, you will not know exactly what is in your food. Processed foods in the United States contain sugar and GMOs, both of which are toxic and harm the body. They also contain high levels of processed salt.
As you eliminate the toxic elements, bring in healthy ones. Replace artificial additives with real, pure foods. Focus on simplicity and wholeness in your meals. You can do it. You really can.
- Use almond or coconut flour instead of grains.
- Use stevia instead of sugar.
- Buy organic foods to avoid GMOs and pesticides and herbicides.
- Find recipes online by searching for Paleo Recipes, as this will mostly bring up clean, grain free recipes. This does not mean that you have to follow a Paleo diet! It is just a way for you to find recipes to make things easier.
- Drink pure water instead of soda, tea, juice, and flavored drinks.
I've provided basics here for you to get you started. Use your mind as you read and learn about working with food holistically to create a healthy life. Don't believe everything that anyone tells you. You have to read and research and learn for yourself. You have to find what works for you and for your children the best. If you employ the 4 elimination steps above, you will be firmly on your way to helping yourself and your children to live to your highest potentials!
The most important thing to remember is to be consistent and also gentle with yourself as you make the changes. Your reward will be intrinsic as you become more and more healthy, and as you watch your children thrive more and more. You can do it and so can your kids!